Thursday, February 6, 2014

Artist Statement - Eduardo Barrera

My artwork is not just one type of style, it varies from all angles. The context, medium and mood are all different. To me it is important to choose different subjects to express myself in. I’m inspired by everyday life and I believe it’s the best kind of inspiration because you are experiencing the moment firsthand. I’m also inspired by different kinds of artists – and many styles.
I like to work with bright colors but also dark and mysterious subjects depending on the context. The composition and the way a scene is shot is also important to me. I like to try and have control over details that are present in a scene.
Some of my favorite directors are Stanley Kubrick, Jean-Luc Godard, and Wes Anderson. They all have different styles but compose a picture really well and is something that I can learn from.
I enjoy analyzing films as a work of art, where there can be themes, motifs, and or symbolism in the film.
Here are two pictures I took where I tried composing the shot to look as a movie still.




No comments:

Post a Comment