Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pamela Pasterczyk Artist Statement



At a young age all my friends would tell everyone with confidence what they want to be when they become older. For me, that was an answer that would change from month to month. I was never able to find what I truly connected with until I went to Los Angeles, California. As a birthday present I had received VIP passes to Universal Studios where I was able to experience the world of film and television production. This adventure allowed me to feel as if I was a part of the movie. Especially when we reached Bates Motel…I literally was afraid for my life, but enjoyed the experience because within minutes I was back to my old life, there was not a man with a knife trying to kill me. That’s the beauty with television and film, you can make everything and anything happen but at the end of the day you go back to your regular life. The rush that I got during my tour of Universal made me realize that this is exactly where I belong, this place felt like home.

I quickly realized once I got home that my mind is naturally programmed to analyze what is being shown on television or how movies are edited.  My passion for media does not come from being behind a camera or writing scripts but it comes from seeing what different programs are doing and trying to understand their meaning behind it. I also have a talent and passion for coming up with unique concepts for television shows. A lot of shows have the same formula that they use, but I am able to come up with ideas that go outside of that formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment