Friday, February 7, 2014

Artist statement

New York is a melting pot of cultures and ideas. For this reason, my hometown, NY, inspires me everyday and provides a great platform to get a start in an industry like media. I have always preferred visuals, art, and subjects that hone the right side of the brain over dissecting animals and physics. My love for creativity and fashion sparked at an early age, which led me to attend the fashion institute of technology for my first year of college. I was influenced and inspired by my aunt who was Joan's personal assistant/shoe designer for the company Joan and David. I watched her sketch designs and handle textures. Through out my college career and since then, I began to become more interested in communication and the connection that the media and social media has with it's audience. The internet allows people of all beliefs, nationalities, who are in different time zones to merge and become intertwined in a big web of social media. I'm interested in marketing/social media as well as PR, but I also love learning the technical aspects of editing and cinematography. Memoirs of a geisha was a very visually pleasing movie for me to watch and I was inspired by it. Her, which is a more recent film also caught my attention. I think it is a beautiful thing to see everything come together from just ideas and paper to a visual experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment