Thursday, February 6, 2014

Saraa Elkhaloui Artist Statement

               Media is a prominent part of our lives and will continue to be even more important in the future. I think that in everyday life there is a story to be captured and mostly these stories are shared all over the wosrld through the use of media. I hope to find the funny things in life, capture them, and share them with the world. I am mostly inspired by Human's of New York, a Facebook page capturing real people telling their stories to a photographer who has one shot at displaying them to the world. I think that the events we experience shape us as people, and whether we have a good day or a bad day, it's up to us to choice how we face the next one. It's a simple concept, and yet so many people wake up aggravated at the world. I tell these people NO! Look around you and you'll feel better.
That is a picture I took of my sister that ended up in photoshop. 

              People do a variety of stupid things that are hilarious, and I admit I am one of these people (I KNOW at some point EVERYONE has been there). Everyone knows "stuff happen" and either you laugh it off and keep going or your lifespan will decrease dramatically. This website will serve as a realistic entertainment site of things that go bump in New York. I'll share what I can and I hope that it brings a little bit of sunshine to YOU! From crazy people I have the pleasure of meeting on the train, to random stuff that happen, if it's funny... it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment