Friday, April 11, 2014

MOMI

I have definitely taken this museum and living in Queens for granted because there's so much to explore. The last time I was in the Museum of the Moving Image I was 7 and wasn't very interested. Going back there in college with a different mindset I can say I really enjoyed the experience and my time there. One of the things that struck me was the wall of celebrities. Our tour guide had mentioned that a lot of people in this generation don't recognize old faces anymore. Some even called Shirley Temple Honey Boo Boo. I thought it was interesting that the more we become technologically advanced the more we tend to forget the classics that our media outlets were based upon. Looking at the timeless costumes that figures like Mrs.Doubtfire and Bill Cosby wore was really nostalgic for me as well. The way in which media has evolved through giant cameras that were made out of wood to DSLRS and point and shoots are really remarkable. What I found to be fascinating was watching our guide disassemble the different aspects of sound of the movie, Titanic. I thought it was interesting how in Final Cut we do the same tasks and each sound is a factor that plays a big role in evoking audience emotion. Their sound effects like elephant noises and gun shootings that were used in the movie were symbolic and thoughtful ideas. Overall the trip was a fun and enlightening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment