Thursday, April 10, 2014

What I Hear

Hearing is something that can be taken for granted, especially in this day and age thanks to our cell phones, which just drag us into this relm of total disregaurd for our actual surroundings. I live less than a block away from a park which is always a nice place to sit down and enjoy a little bit of "nature". Sitting at the park I pick up on a bunch of different sounds. Now that it is getting warmer the sound of the birds singing is the first thing that stands out to my ears. Listening to the chirping of the birds allows me to zone out all of the other sounds around me, but I get pulled out of that zone by the sound of a car's loud exhaust as it zooms by the park. That is a sound that nobody can tune out, unlike the sound of the birds which could be so easily "heard" past. Another sound that could be easily "heard" past is the sound of the wind rustling through the leafless branches of the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment